Boat Buddies


~BOAT BUDDIES~

Sometimes you really have to consider serendipity.  How else, for example, would you happen to be poking around to see if the river cruise you are taking in a year has sold out yet?  How else would your happen to think, "hmmm, might be nice to have dinner companions... there are only 3 couples I could think of that  A) we would likely enjoy for that long and would be fine balancing together time and couple time and B) would potentially have the requisite funds and time available to even consider joining us.  

Now usually I would have had a conversation with Adam before sending out a message saying "Adam and I have booked a Rhine River cruise for next December.  I thought they had sold out, but today I'm seeing one cabin still available.  Want to play in Europe for a week next year?"  

The first responder said it sounded like fun, but unfortunately didn't line up with their travel plans next year.  The second asked for the details, but didn't say much else.  The third asked for the details at 10:41 on a Friday night.  At 3:30 on Saturday she was on the phone with Viking reservations, while instant messaging me, "I'm talking to them right now.  Talked to Husband and we are in. I'm going to book!"

An hour later they had a confirmed reservation, asked that our reservations be linked as travel partners, and giddiness was the primary emotion on both ends of the messaging.   

It was confirmed.  Adam and I would be traveling for the first time with people we weren't related to.  




Comments