Mother's Day or Demo Day?
Mother's Day? Demo Day? How about a little of both.
Somehow we managed not to lose an eye despite wood chips flying during our morning demo project.
I took the low side welding dual pry bars and Adam took the top end with our fancy new Duckbill Deck Wrecker - a.k.a the $98 find that lived up to it's promise as a back saver and frustration eliminator making it worth every penny!
My own mother offered up free weekday labor to take care of another dump run and some quality time with the reciprocating saw to nip off all of the old, rusted screws the Duckbill left behind.
After demo, I was treated to a steak and egg breakfast and a sparkling Rose berry spritzer. We got all of our morning work in within about an hour's time, so after breakfast it was off to the Home Depot to collect the tools and materials to shore up to newly shortened deck on one end.
Funny how Home Depot is so often our "holiday" outing. I think that was where we went for "date night" on our first Valentine's day together as well.
Though I was ready to plow right ahead at home and finish shoring up our framing, Adam was less enthusiastic.
Once the kids appeared for the day, so did the red Snapdragons. Fortunately for me I could identify them easily by the blooms. They thought it would be funny to take out the identification tags and make a guessing game/scavenger hunt out of their gift this year. I got off easy it seems as their mother was sent home with directions to search google images and "let us know what you come up with, we'll tell you when you're right..." I fear it's going to get tougher from here on in to truly outsmart them, especially if they are working as a team... Hyenas. 💙



Comments
Post a Comment